Google BookmarksRSS Feed

Get benefits for health by consumption cucumbers

cucumberCucumber benefits for health is obvious. Cucumber is renowned for it refreshing effect, pleasant taste and often used in preparation of light salads. Although 95% of this vegetable is water, the remaining 5% of composition falls on badly needed by human body substances.

Composition of cucumber.

One hundred grams of cucumber contain: proteins - 0.8 g, fat - 0.1 g, carbohydrates – 2.5g, calorie - 14 kcal, as well as a rich set of macro- and microelements: potassium - 141.0 mg, calcium - 23.0 mg, magnesium - 14.0 mg, sodium - 8.0 mg, phosphorus - 42.0 mg, chlorine – 25.0 mg, iron - 0.6 mg, manganese – 0.18 mg, zinc - 0.2 mg, iodine – 3.0 mcg, copper – 100.0 mcg, chrome – 6.0 mcg, fluorine – 17.0 mcg, molybdenum – 1.0 mcg, selenium – 0.3 mcg, aluminum – 425.0 mcg and cobalt – 1.0 mcg.

The list of contained in cucumber vitamins: A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, C, E, H, K, PP.

Cucumber benefits for health.

Cucumber promotes an assimilation of protein foods, so it must necessarily coexist with meat dishes. Fresh cucumbers are very helpful in case of problems with cardiovascular system and digestive tract. They have a diuretic, laxative and choleretic effects. Thanks to fresh cucumbers may get rid of edema, and constipation. Gentle fiber cleanses the intestines and removes excess cholesterol, which is a prevention of atherosclerosis.

An unique feature of fresh cucumber is neutralization of acidic compounds that disrupt metabolic processes lead to deposition of salts and aging.

Regular consumption of fresh cucumbers is a protection against diseases of thyroid gland.

Cucumber juice and pulp of cucumber are still an indispensable remedies for beauty of skin and hair. Cucumber may remove freckles and make skin whitening, help rid of rashes and excessive fat.

Unfortunately, the beneficial properties of fresh cucumbers not apply to publicly favorite salted and pickled cucumbers. Most useful are fresh cucumbers.

Cucumber harm and contraindications.

People who suffering of diseases of stomach with acidity. Cucumbers raise a gastric acidity and make them unacceptable dietary gastritis and peptic ulcer disease.

It's not recommended to eat fresh cucumbers for nursing mothers of laxative effect.

Cucumbers from greenhouses may contain a large amount of harmful nitrates. To reduce a likelihood of harm to health, cucumbers need to be cleaned from skin, which collects the maximum amount of harmful substances. Just need to cut off the tips of two centimeters on both sides of cucumber. So be careful and remember that cucumbers can carry not only benefit, but harm!

The similar articles what you would like to read.